These Might Be Your New Best Friends
Around here, we don’t just work side-by-side, we take coffee breaks, eat pizza, celebrate birthdays, gather for boudin and sometimes hang out together on weekends. Our team is made of everyday people—thespians, jazz-enthusiasts, coffee connoisseurs, introverts, extroverts, perfectionists, and people who have a blast flying by the seat of their pants. But we’re united around one cause: independence.
It just so happens that when you work for a cause you care about, it doesn’t take long to make friends! So if you’re looking for a fabulous career with some of the best folks around, give us a call at (337) 477-7194.
We’re looking for applicants who thrive on building and cultivating relationships, people who aren’t afraid of the messy side of life. We need people who know how to make others feel important, who listen to their needs and look out for their best interest. So if you’re an excellent communicator with a passion for people, this full-time position might just be for you! Email your resume to Carolyn or call us at (337) 477-7194.
- Oversee home and community-based services provided to consumers via monthly phone contacts and quarterly home visits.
- Document changes required to meet the approved foals for the consumer.
- Troubleshoot issues with teh consumer in regard to their services, schedules, or direct service workers.
- Recruit, hire, and train qualified service workers to provide in-home personal care to each consumer.
- Ensure that DSW’s are assisting their consumers with the goals reflected in their plan of care.
- Conduct pop-up visits to evaluate DSW’s and their performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field
- 2 years experience with working with the elderly/disabled is preferred
- Knowledge of community resources, including the New Opportunities Waiver, Children’s Choice Waiver, Community Choice Waiver, Supports Waiver, EPSDT, Long Term Personal Care Services (specific knowledge regarding waivers is preferred but not required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This opportunity is for those located in and around the Lake Charles area.
Direct Service Worker (DSW)
We are currently in need of a DSW for different shifts in the Welsh, Jennings, and the Lake Charles areas. For more information, contact Mistie via email or by phone at (337) 477-7194 extension 1025.